I know my last post had nothing to do with my weight loss journey, and neither will this one, so hang tight, folks.
As I stated in my last post, I am currently raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Twin Cities. And I will say again that this is something I have been involved in for the last the last two years. Big Brothers Big Sisters is an organization I am really passionate about because it involves helping the children right here in the Twin Cities.
The cost of matching just one child with one mentor is $1,300. This year, I would love to say that I raised enough money to match one child with a mentor. The beauty of these connections is that it isn’t just a one-time thing. I have known several people who stay with the same mentor for years. We are helping connect these children with a mentor and friend for life.
As of right now I have raised $190 dollars. So, I have a LONG way to go. But I don’t have much time to raise the money as the event is on April 10. The event is called Bowling For Kids’ Sake. There are teams across my company that are forming and raising money for help and then we have a “healthy” bowling competition on April 10 to celebrate with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
I want to have reached half my goal by next Sunday, which would be $650. I however, cannot do this alone and I know everyone has a huge heart and hope you all will help me reach my goal. And to say THANKS, I am putting forth a challenge:
IF I reach $650 by NOON on Sunday March 21, I will be offering up the following to the winners of the drawing. There will be ONE winner:
- Happy Hour, paid for by me. This can be coffee, or anything you want. I just say happy hour because it is fun.
- A 3-hour session with your very own “merry-maid”, the wonderful Sarah Shoulak. Who wouldn’t want someone to come CLEAN for them for 3 whole hours? I know I would! A huge thanks to her for stepping forward to help out! Also, as a disclaimer: No, she will not wear a maid costume. Just sayin’. So don’t get any crazy ideas.
In order to qualify:
- This is for folks in the Twin Cities only – I won’t be able to travel long distances!
- Go to my donation page and make a donation of any size.
- Come to this blog post and leave me a comment letting me know you donated. I will use Random dot Org for the drawing, so you’ll need a number in my comments section.
- Spread the word! As I said, I can’t reach my goal of $1,300 alone, so I need your help.
You have no idea how much it will mean to me if I reach my goal. I am really excited to know I will be able to help out at least ONE child to connect with someone who will change their life.